The International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association (ISMA) has released their annual manufacturers update for 2021-2022. Here are the most compelling facts and figures from their research:
New Snowmobile Sales Data for Winter of 2021-2022:
- 130,644 new snowmobiles were sold worldwide
- Sales in Canada and the USA are almost identical: United States: 53,821 new snowmobiles sold. 50,943 new snowmobiles sold in Canada.
- There are 1.2 million registered snowmobiles in the United States and over 601,000 in Canada.
- 3 in 4 snowmobiling households own 2 snowmobiles, and 4 in 10 snowmobiling households own 3 snowmobiles
- Average snowmobiler’s age: 53
- 88% of snowmobilers are males and 12% female
- 7 in 10 snowmobilers in North America are club and/or snowmobile association/federation members.
- Snowmobilers are active in raising money for charity and annually raise over $3 million dollars for National Charities.
- Snowmobiling generates over $30 billion worth of economic activity in North America
- Snowmobilers spend over $3500 per family supporting snowmobiling activities
People go snowmobiling for the following reasons:
- To view the scenery
- Be with family and friends
- To get away from the usual demands of life and to be close with nature