Polaris Industries’ CEO Scott Wine was recently a guest on CNBC’s Mad Money with Jim Cramer. Here are some of things he talked about:
- Polaris spends about $330 million on aluminum and steel, so Trump's tariffs would mean about a $3 million increase to the company.
- Polaris doesn't want a trade war, but Wine said it can handle any challenges thrown its way.
- Polaris will spend $260 million on development and RD research this year.
- The company had a disappointing last quarter, partially because of the lack of snow this winter (though late snow may help)
- Last Friday (March 2nd, 2018), Polaris’ 11,000 employees received more than $90 million in bonus checks and ESOP profit-sharing payouts.
"We've built a team and we've built a company that can handle a lot of adversity," he told Mad Money’s Jim Cramer.
Watch the video of this Mad Money interview with Polaris CEO Scott Wine.